Are you currently a student looking to give your professional career a kick start? Keen to build a network and gain experience with a new initiative with a big vision? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you to help us create our voice as an organisation.
At Conversation at the Crossroads, our vision is to create diverse communities on a local and global level that empower more people to engage in the social, environmental and political challenges of our time.
Our Mission is to bring people back together, to be inspired and energised, and to learn from each other. Through thoughtful and informed conversation, we equip people with the necessary tools, skills and understanding to become drivers of change within their communities.
We do this through organising both large and small events, online and face-to-face where people can engage on the issues presented. Our Coordinating Group is made up of volunteer professionals based in Melbourne (and some around the world) who share a passion for meaningful change starting with conversation.
- Take responsibility for regular content & posting on our main social media channels
- Develop content for our website and social media channels to drive organic growth, engagement and discussion
- Regular management of our email communications and any messages coming in from social media channels
- Use our online platforms to promote our upcoming events
- With team guidance, evolving our social media strategy and success metrics
- Able to commit an average of approximately 5hrs per week, in addition to fortnightly team meetings and attending our online and in person events
Who we are looking for
- You are currently a uni student with an interest in national and global issues of our time (recent graduates are also encouraged to apply)
- You have a knack for copywriting/storytelling and thought provoking content
- You are at ease with social media channels and developing content (Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin)
- You are passionate about working in a team with diverse perspectives
- You pay attention to detail and are capable of ensuring online posts are thoroughly proofread
- You are excited by the opportunity to represent the view of your generation to our group and attract other young people to our events
- Experience with SEO, website creation (e.g. WordPress), newsletter development (e.g. Mailchimp) is desired but not essential
- Experience creating short video content is desired but not essential
What we offer – our commitment to you
- To be a part of the coordinating team in a growing startup not-for-profit
- Access to mentors and learning from our volunteer professional team members
- To be an active part in our exciting and thought provoking events
- An equal seat at the table. We want your perspective!
Please send your CV and a short, snappy motivation letter to introduce yourself and why you’d be great for this volunteer position.
For any questions and to submit your CV, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is a rolling recruitment, and this ad was posted on 14th May 2021. We are seeking someone to start in this volunteer position immediately.